There’s always plenty to see and do
at Historic Coventry Trust places.
Download and listen in the recently restored London Road Cemetery: Paxton’s Arboretum. Enjoy a gentle meander through the landscape uncovering the fascinating heritage stories.
- S1E1 Paxton’s Arboretum – In conversation with author Kate Colquhoun and landscape architect Colin Burden about the life and achievements of Sir Joseph Paxton who designed the cemetery.
- S1E2 Paxton’s Arboretum – Poetry by Emilie Lauren Jones, a new collection inspired by stories of the cemetery.
- S1E3 Paxton’s Arboretum – Music by Tim Seeley, a new piece of music inspired by nature and the sounds of the cemetery.
- Download and listen on headphones, enjoy a walk at your leisure.
- Approx. 20 mins each, wheelchair accessible, outdoors, all weather
Drop by the Metropolis building on Earl Street to discover the free exhibition Metropolis: Coventry’s medieval and modernist ambitions. Learn more about Coventry’s distinct contribution to the history of the built environment in Britain, from industrial premises including workshops, topshops and factories, to major religious buildings containing some of the finest decorative art in the country.
The exhibition’s curators, Sabine Coady Schäbitz and Mark Webb weave medieval and modern stories together in five themes: movement, enterprise, culture resilience and the future. Through photographs, sculpture, an excerpt of a VR model and archival film material, the exhibition invites you to take a closer look at Coventry’s impressive built heritage, spanning from the medieval religious buildings that were once nestled together in the centre of the city, as well as the ambitious plans of Donald Gibson and others in the 20th Century.Read more
Observations on Being
An installation of music, voice, ground-breaking visual worlds, sensory effects and technologies located in Coventry’s London Road Cemetery and Charterhouse Heritage Park and is one of the first large-scale visual arts commissions to be unveiled as part Coventry’s year as UK City of Culture. Music, poetic storytelling and compelling visuals will invite you to explore your relationship with the natural world.Buy Tickets
The Lost Lending Library
The Lost Lending Library is the UK theatre premiere from Punchdrunk for family audiences and school groups that invites children (aged 4-12) to discover a magical world, a celebration of books and the journeys they take us on.Buy Tickets